[TowerTalk] What am I missing....balun

W4AAW@aol.com W4AAW at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 07:07:09 EST 2017

Some years ago I noticed an advert in QST by the purveyor of a soundcard interface that claimed it could allow FSK RTTY through your soundcard!  Of course this was AFSK and clearly, the advert took advantage of newer, less experienced hams.

I called Steve Ford, WB8IMY, the Managing Editor of QST who immediately grasped the scam.  The ads were never again seen in QST.  The League is still on watch for false advertising.  I am not sure there is similar attention in any Canadian publication but none of my VE friends like wool pulled over his eyes.

I hope this gets reported.

Mike W4AAW

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone