[TowerTalk] What am I missing....balun

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Fri Feb 17 12:27:51 EST 2017

Absolutely not.  The way I read the data presented, it's all about input match,
which says absolutely nothing about the common mode impedance, which is the
actual choking mechanism.

Return loss, SWR, Gamma, rho, S11, etc. are all ways to express the same thing,
how well does the DUT input, match the system impedance.  If you don't know this
that perhaps you should refrain from commenting.

And when you criticize the enclosure and believe it is unnecessary, you're
wrong; the outer jacket on that coax would last about 15 minutes out in the weather.

Wes  N7WS
ps. I don't work for Array Solutions, don't design their products and as best I
can remember have never done business with them.