[TowerTalk] What am I missing....balun

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Feb 17 18:31:34 EST 2017

On Fri,2/17/2017 2:44 PM, Wes Stewart wrote:
> So it's Heliax to the rescue.

Have you tried flooded CATV RG6, like the stuff DX Eng sells? I've found
what seems to be a reliable source for Commscope flooded RG6 for under
$100/1,000 ft. I've seen observations that varmints don't like the
flooding, and it's alleged to be self-sealing.

All my coax lays on the "duff" layer in my dense redwood forest, so
nearly no UV. And the varmints seem to leave it alone -- until I bought
this sealed stuff this summer, everything was ordinary decent coax and
hard line, and some of it has been in for 10 years.

73, Jim K9YC