[TowerTalk] T2X Multiple failures, fix?

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Feb 19 20:26:11 EST 2017

This almost has to be an alignment, or bearing problem unless you have a
snagged rotator cable problem.  Even a snagged RG8 size cable is strong
enough to hold a TailTwister.
I had a Ham IV under this
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/Tower29.htm which was badly
overloaded and eventually failed when I tried to turn the array in some
strong wind, BUT, "it did not bind!"  I eventually went to a double
worm, gear rotator as I got tired of changing rotators. THEN I got tired
of changing thrust bearings as changing those was an all day production.
ALL the antennas had to come down and the mast removed before the
bearing could be changed

73, Roger (K8RI)