[TowerTalk] March QST cover

EZ Rhino EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Mon Feb 27 08:57:42 EST 2017

Funny, I wrote a thing about this last week when I received the QST in the mail, and decided not to send it to the TT reflector so I deleted it.  I wanted to see if anyone else noticed it.

Couple points....

I'm pretty sure this is a staged photo.  If you look closely you can see at least one gorilla hook on the tower rung near her right arm.  So the green rope on her harness back isn't the only thing there as a safety device.  Secondly, the green rope appears to be tied with a two half hitches.  Any climber knows this isn't the kind of knot to use on a safety line, and it's improperly tied at that!  A figure eight follow through is the correct knot, and you can secure the tail with a half hitch if you want, or better yet, half of a grapevine knot.  In the time it would take to use three zip ties (as pictured) you could do the proper hook up.

Yeah, they blew it.  Hopefully we can all learn how to do this properly in the future...so it can serve a useful purpose to us.

Chris
KF7P