[TowerTalk] K0XG ROTATION SYSTEM ADVIC E

Richard Thorne rthorne at rthorne.net
Mon Feb 27 14:56:56 EST 2017

Bill,

I purchased and refurbished a used rotating tower a year and a half ago.

For what ever reason I ended up having a few bearings stick (and they
were new) a few months after installation.  I realized I had a problem
when the guy wires were bouncing around.  I determined that a couple of
the bearings were sticking.  I replaced them with free wheeling
bearings, problem solved.

I purchased 18 bearings (I have 3 sets of rings) on ebay so I didn't
have any recourse but to replace the 2 bad bearings.  I purchased the
replacements and a couple spares from a local bearing company.

Mine is an original Dick Weber design which uses 6 cam followers per
ring set, 3 on each ring.

I would suggest replacing them before they go up it's a lot easier on
the ground, hi hi.

Rich - N5ZC