[TowerTalk] March QST cover

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Mon Feb 27 15:38:22 EST 2017

One thing you learn after almost 30 years in publishing is, let he who is without sin…

The uninitiated would be blown away by how easy it is for major gaffes to slip through even the most professional organizations. Anybody remember “Dewey defeats Truman”? As I recall, that wasn’t exactly the Podunk Gazette behind that one.

It was a mistake. It wasn’t the publishing world’s first and it certainly will not be the last. It is also unlikely the ARRL had anything to do with the composition of the photograph.

The tenor of the quoted tower industry magazine item was startlingly unprofessional, and violated a key tenet of journalism.

73, kelly, ve4xt