[TowerTalk] FD antenna assembly

Tom Hellem tom.hellem at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 14:47:17 EST 2017

Thanks to all who have responded and I apologize for not being clear in
what
I was looking for in my original post. We have the element tubing joints
figured out,
pretty much the exact joint used on the original C-3 with the rivets. The
disassembled
yagi will be hauled and stored inside of a 16' long tube on a trailer, so
the individual elements
will not need to be taken apart except at only one place on each of the 20
& 15 mtr. elements.
We have handled that by using slit tubing with a hose clamp. They go
together in seconds.
What we really need are some ideas for attaching the completed elements to
the boom.
The hope is that we can come up with a method that can be also accomplished
in seconds
or at the most, in minutes. The original C-3 element mounting method using
2 u-bolts on each
does not meet this criteria. Whatever method we use, it has to be strong
enough to withstand
a 60 MPH wind, at least, because we do get thunderstorms here in Montana at
the end of June.

One more piece of info- The tube on the trailer is 8" in diameter. The boom
will be
stored inside this tube along with the elements.

Thanks again for all the input, folks.

Tom
K0SN