[TowerTalk] Yagi Building Ideas

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Jan 1 20:31:06 EST 2017

I am not sure what "It's modeled upon the F-12 C-3 line" means.  Is this a
copy of a C3?  If I recall the Force12 C3 has permanently riveted element
plates and the elements are attached to these plates with two u-bolts so
there is no measuring needed. This seems like it would be pretty fast to
assemble. The only Force 12 product that I have used (40m dipole at P40A)
did not come with stainless steel u-bolts. If you antenna does, it would be
easy to swap either the bolt or the nuts with plated steel so you would not
have to worry about galling. I am sure that you could put a socket into a
battery powered drill to speed up tightening/loosening the nuts and maybe
even shorten the tread length to require a minimal amount of turns. They do
make quick release duct clamps with a latch but I think they are only
available in sizes too large for your elements.

GL
John KK9A