[TowerTalk] Me vs Squirrels - conclusion

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Sun Jan 1 20:48:26 EST 2017

Gene,

The same procedure is used for ground kits: a layer of vinyl over the
parts you may need to uncover in the future (the industry calls it a
*courtesy wrap*), then as much butyl as needed to form a gradual taper
(and put a gob under the ground wire where it leaves the shield), and a
couple layers of 2" vinyl, and a couple layers of 3/4" vinyl. That will
be bomb proof.

No one uses a *mastic pad*, but it can't hurt I guess.

-Steve K8LX