[TowerTalk] US Tower price increase

Michael OBrien k0myw at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 2 16:11:02 EST 2017

I bought my US Tower HDX-555 back in the 1990s, when the purchase price wasn't so astronomical.

Shipping it from California to Missouri was almost as costly as buying the thing -- and it took two tries, as the truck line mangled the first one that was shipped.

I have been impressed by Tash towers, to be sure. They seem to be a fine product, and their customer service is bound to be better than UST's.

However, if I were to buy another tower, I'd have to seriously consider another UST (assuming they're still in business) because they now have a factory in Kansas that is a reasonable drive for me.

Shipping costs and hassles often are not taken into account when purchasing a tower, especially for the first time....

Mike K0MYW