[TowerTalk] Fwd: torque arms or not?

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 21:21:09 EST 2017

 Isn't the fatigue problem with the tower itself or the joining points between each section?

I assume that a torque arm is an arm with two parallel, or almost parallel, guy wires attached. Whe the tower tries to twist the load moves from one guy wire to the other. Correct?

Even if my tower is "correctly" guyed I would like to attach an extra set of guy wires half between the guy point and ground. The tower vibrate uncomfortable when I am at the half way point. Yes, it's an aluminum tower. I was told aluminum is more "springy" than steel.

Hans - N2JFS