[TowerTalk] Fence charger

Earl Morse n8ss2014 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:48:44 EST 2017

Ditto that.  Most of the noise I have seen from electric fencing is the
arcing somewhere along the wire.  Usually across an insulator but sometimes
across a break in the wire at a crossover or connection point.   The
insulators on the metal T-posts seem to be particularly prone to arc over.
  I can usually walk the fence line and audibly hear the crack long before
I see the arc.  Sometimes its just a twig or dead bug causing the arcing
and you can brush it away if your timing is good.

Surprised the NB doesn't eliminate it.  Even the old one in my FT1000 does
a pretty good job on impulse noise  like that.

Earl N8SS

Message: 3