[TowerTalk] Ground radials for phased arrays

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx at swva.net
Fri Jan 13 18:43:36 EST 2017

I have used elevated radials (four) fr a 40M vertical.  It seemed to
perform adequately vs a 40M EDZ that I also used, especially on long
haul DX.  It's my understanding that the key to effective elevated
radials is height above ground to achieve decoupling from the ground.
IIRC, that height on 160M is about 18 feet.  How high are your radials.
Just curious.

73, Joe
K2XX