[TowerTalk] [antenneX] Small and exotic antennas evaluated

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu Jan 19 02:43:08 EST 2017

Same with the DDRR.  It's official name is Directional Discontinuity
Ring Radiator, which was supposed to refer to how it "worked", but in
reality it's just a very short vertical antenna with a transmission line
wrapped in a circle to provide top loading.  Like any other piece of
metal that you can manage to feed some power without blowing up your rig
it will radiate >something<, but the original explanation for it's
function was ridiculous.

Many of the purported descriptions for these small antennas and how they
function are frankly embarrassing for a hobby supposedly based in science.

73,
Dave   AB7E