[TowerTalk] 160m Slopers

Chuck Dietz w5prchuck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:42:01 EST 2017

I have a 140' tower with several beams on it and I want to get back on
160m.  I want to put up a 1/4 WL sloper, but my experience has been that it
will only barely cover 1/2 the band.  I have measured out two slopers, one
133' long and the other 127' long. Can I feed both together with the same
feedline? (Adjusting the longer one first.)  Or, should I just "bite the
bullet" and make two slopers to the antenna switch? I only have 4 ports on
the switch so I want to only use one for this if its not going to be a
compromise.

Thanks!

Chuck W5PR