[TowerTalk] Force 12 going away -40M yagi

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sat Jan 28 15:07:58 EST 2017

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 17:14:39 +0000
From: Jeff Draughn <n0ost99 at gmail.com>
To: Bob K6UJ <k6uj at pacbell.net>, "towertalk at contesting.com"
<towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 going away ?

>From my very limited experience JK Antennas seems to have some well built
antennas and a good rep for support.
I know a few folks on the list are using them.

73, Jeff

##  agreed. The various W3JK  40m  coil loaded yagis dont resonate on 15M.
They wont screw up  a monobander, nor a tribander either.
And they dont use metric sized tubing like optibeam...which is my only complaint
about the optibeam yagis.  A buddy finally found a source for metric sized tubing, but
what a gong show, never again.

https://jkantennas.com/antennas.html  They make a total of  5 x different  40m yagis.

3-el 40m yagi, with coils.... on a 30 ft boom. https://jkantennas.com/jk403.html

4-el  40m yagi, with coils.... on a 36 ft boom.   https://jkantennas.com/jk404c.html

Neither of the above require ele truss lines either....very well designed and built.

Jim  VE7RF