[TowerTalk] FT240-43

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jan 29 13:32:35 EST 2017

I agree, and NA6O's survey is in line with my experience.  The key is to
buy in quantity, and to shop around. Buying in quantity is easy if you
combine orders with others in a local ham club.

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf  lists Fair-Rite part numbers of
four parts that I've found most useful, as well as a list of suggested
vendors. My last buy (a couple of years ago) was from Dexter. I've heard
that Lodestone Pacific has similar pricing.  The Arrow price quoted
sounds great if delivery time is reasonable and if they don't kill you
with shipping. :) Again, quantity buys greatly reduce shipping costs.

73, Jim K9YC