[TowerTalk] Wire Antennas Only For Field Day

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Jul 7 13:58:03 EDT 2017

The biggest "unlevel playing field" issue with Field Day
is the location.  FD gives the station builder an opportunity
to choose an unreal location.  I remember one year I placed
second in my category, but the number one station totally
blew me away with 3 times the number of points.  I asked
him about this, and it turns out that he operated from a
mountain TOP (the very TOP, not just up the mountain somewhere).
He was just unbeatable from this location.  He was also
a great operator to boot, but he said the location was the
real key.

Rick N6RK