[TowerTalk] Coax choice for crank-up - looking for TT experience/recommendations

Richard Thorne rthorne at rthorne.net
Mon Jul 10 17:42:34 EDT 2017

David,

Have you run the coax loss numbers on the intended frequencies?  You may
find that going to hard line from the base of the tower is not worth it.

Try http://www.arrg.us/pages/Loss-Calc.htm I just used it to determine
that RG-213 is plenty of coax to go up a rotating tower for a new 80m
dipole and a 30m yagi.  While there is a difference between 7/8 hard
line and rg-213 at those frequencies, the difference in loss is not
worth worrying about.

Rich - N5ZC