[TowerTalk] Coax choice for crank-up - looking for TT experience/recommendations

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 14:05:32 EDT 2017

Times Microwave's LMR-400-UF has a thermoplastic jacket that is porous, and has a 7-strand copper center conductor.
Times Microwave's LMR-400-DB has a polyethylene jacket that is not porous, is flooded with a waterproofing compound, and has a 7-strand copper center conductor.
Davis RF's BuryFlex400 is similar to LMR400DB but, is not flooded, and has a 19-strand copper center conductor.
DX Engineering's DXE400MAX is the same as BuryFlex400. If you factor-in free ground shipping (on purchases over $100), it's less expensive. Not considering shipping, a 500' spool from DXE was/is less than the same stuff from Davis RF.

Guess which one I bought when I needed close to 500' for my tower project?

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC
http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-tower