[TowerTalk] 80 M 4 SQUARE MODELING

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 22 09:10:24 EDT 2017

I am in the exact same situation- 95' tower that I plan on using to suspend wire elements from the top of the tower.

I assume THERE WILL BE interaction between the 4SQ and the tower. What I have been wondering is how mechanically reliable this setup is compared to elements made of aluminum tubing. Any thoughts on this?

In addition, I have been wondering if the wire will stretch over time thereby changing the resonant frequency of the elements. Perhaps CAT5 might be a better option for the elements as it is less likely to stretch?

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate autocorrect.