[TowerTalk] Takeoff angle

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jul 23 20:29:23 EDT 2017

On 7/23/2017 9:38 AM, Jeff Draughn wrote:
> I've been playing around with HFTA trying to figure out the best height/
> configuration for my antennas and it dawned on me I wasn't sure what the
> best take off angles are.

There's extensive data for that on the CD Rom that comes with the ARRL
Antenna Book in the form of files that can be used with HFTA. The data
files can be superimposed on the computed vertical pattern, so it's easy
to see how any chosen antenna height(s) are likely to "play" to the
selected DX locations. There's text in the Antenna Book about how to do
that.

73, Jim K9YC