[TowerTalk] Adjustments to Tower Base Pier J-Bolts

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Mon Jul 24 10:40:55 EDT 2017

When we stack a big self support lattice tower, we usually stick build
the bottom section (with a small boom truck) right onto the anchor
bolts. On big towers each leg has climbing pegs on the lower sections,
which makes this feasible.

Then the rest of the tower gets assembled horizontally in 60' to 100'
sections using the boom truck and ladders. I'm talking 25' face sections
here.

Then the big crane comes in for a day to stack the whole thing.

Paul might consider this method, as the slop in member holes should
allow assembly even with the slight misalignment of the anchor bolts.

A couple of nice long bull pins will be handy of course.

-Steve K8LX