[TowerTalk] Takeoff angle

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Jul 24 21:13:29 EDT 2017

I think the advantage from a relatively low stack depends on the 40m beams.
A two stack of 2el beams with 1/2 WL spacing works fantastic and it is a big
improvement over a single yagi. When I modeled two OptiBeam OB3-40 3el
shortened beams at the same heights I did not see this same big improvement
over a single beam. I also modeled a stack of Moxon beams but do I not
recall the results. Anyway my NEC-2 engine does not properly model this
antenna so it's probably best not to comment on the stack pattern.

John KK9A