[TowerTalk] Cellphone signal boosters

Tox scott.small at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 11:53:36 EDT 2017

For mobile, the Wilson Electronics "weboost" series is something of a gold
standard. Iirc they make units for your usage profile as well. I have
considered picking one up but decided I preferred to have limited
reachability at home.

If you have internet service at the cottage, a femtocell transciever from
your wireless carrier would be another option.

Good luck!

Scott
AD6YT

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017, ve4xt at mymts.net <ve4xt at mymts.net> wrote:

> Hi TTers,
>
> Does anyone have experience with systems purporting to boost access to
> weak cell towers?
>
> Where our cottage is located, our cell coverage often arrives from the
> other side of Lake Winnipeg, about 25 miles away. In summer, one bar on the
> phone's "s-meter" is the most we can hope for. Data moves at a glacial pace.
>
> I've found online systems comprising an outdoor yagi, an amplifier and an
> indoor panel antenna said to serve as a sort-of repeater to offer stronger
> reception and improved data rates.
>
> Do these work?
>
> 73, kelly, ve4xt
>
> Sent from my iPad