[TowerTalk] Modeling the Moxon

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 27 21:38:58 EDT 2017

Since mine is stacked with an 80m dipole I wasn't concerned, but did a
EZNEC Pro4 run 5 to 30Mhz to answer John's question.  pdf of plots
available.

At 70' above average ground there is a 36 ohm resonance at 26.8 Mhz with
a 11dbi gain several lobe bowtie pattern off the ends. The current
distribution says it is resonance of the driven element with the loading
from the Moxon tips.  The reflector is quiet.

Not very useful but good news since it is probably far enough from other
bands, particularly 15m to not interact much when interlaced.

Grant KZ1W