[TowerTalk] Here we go again.

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Jul 28 00:46:00 EDT 2017

A few years back, I wrote about getting involved with the zoning
commission and tower were exempted.

Well, they are at it again.  This rime I see a number of places they run
afoul of existing regulations.

For 200' lighting they measure from grade, the FCC measures height above
average terrain.

The township wants minimum visibility while the FAA wants maximum
visibility AND  they've made the permitting process a hardship for new
hams.  I think they also run afoul of both state and federal tower
regulations.

Gotta get my letters to the ARRL, FAA, and AOPA in the mail / e-mail.

Roger (K8RI)

---