[TowerTalk] Rohn U-bolts

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sat Jul 29 13:46:25 EDT 2017

Unfortunately many folks don't know plated vs galvanizing. Plated is
shiny and dead easy to screw a nut onto a bolt. Good galvanizing looks
dull gray if it has been any  reasonable time since galvanized and is
often a little more friction when putting a nut on a bolt.  For the
neophyte... Galvanized fasteners look more primitive, less perfect in
appearance but far superior in how long till they may rust. Zinc plated
is very inferior to galvanized hardware in longevity while exposed to
the environment.

Patrick        NJ5G