[TowerTalk] Modify Force 12 C-31XR to create mono-band OWA ?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 2 12:30:52 EDT 2017

Why? What is the goal?

If you want an Al pile to make 3 monobanders, there are probably cheaper
ways to buy the Al.  In any case two more booms are needed.

The "handbook" and other (e.g. G0KSC)  mono-bander "free" designs are
good to superb.   From my limited experience with interlaced design
modeling my estimate is 1db or unlikely 2db more gain and somewhat
cleaner pattern than a tri-band interlaced design if same net boom
length per band.   I think it unlikely you will have successful
mono-banders by just de-interlacing the existing C-31XR elements.  Each
resulting monobander will need to be modeled and optimized.  I would
suggest investing in an NEC4 package and Dan AC6LA's great AutoEZ optimizer.

What I have learned in my modeling is great respect for successful
interlaced designs like the C-31XR and the JKantenna designs.  It's hard
to put everything on one boom and get performance very near to that of
mono-banders.

Grant KZ1W