[TowerTalk] Experience with crank up towers....

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Wed Jun 7 07:34:51 EDT 2017

Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 21:49:17 -0500
From: Clay Autery <cautery at montac.com>
To: "towertalk at contesting.com" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with crank up towers....

<Like that idea, but looks like they don't have the curved arms for the
<Tahjian towers...  just hoops.
<I like the idea of keeping the feed line off the ground...

______________________
<Clay Autery, KY5G

## so what is the procedure to tie the coax etc, up...at each arm?
I think the only way to do it would be to extend the tower to full height,
then climb up there, and tie off at each arm?  That or approximate 17 feet
of cable between arms...and hope you guessed right.

##  Even then, if the tower is partially extended, the coax will sag, and form its own
loop at each arm. Wind gets up, then blows the loops towards the tower, which then
could easily get hung up, when  retracting the tower.

##  UST makes no mention about tying off at each arm.   The only place coax is tied off
is on the top arm, the rest goes in and out of each lower arm.   With tower partially
extended, or lowered, it all ends up on the ground.

Jim  VE7RF