[TowerTalk] Experience with crank up towers

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jun 7 21:20:38 EDT 2017

On Wed,6/7/2017 2:46 PM, Clay Autery wrote:
> I'm guessing Davis and TMW are quite close in
> spec... I'll go give them a look

Davis cable is quite good. Remember that loss in coax is all resistance
below about 300 MHz unless the coax has been damaged by water
penetration. The contribution of dielectric to loss is simply to allow a
larger diameter center conductor for a given Zo. I'm using their RG11 to
feed high dipoles for 80 and 40, and their BuryFlex for antenna wiring
and switching within my shack. And I find them very good to deal with.
My measurements of their RG11 find it quite similar to Belden 8213,
which is very good stuff.

73, Jim K9YC