[TowerTalk] Re another w51

Don W7WLL w7wll at arrl.net
Sat Jun 10 13:12:39 EDT 2017

While I suspect there is no confusion in the ongoing current banter about
the Tri-Ex W-51, it might be well to remind all that the W-51, as I
recollect, differs structurally from the later WT-51 (one of the crankups I
have).  I don't have the specs for the W-51 but was there not a difference
in the wall thickness of the vertical section tubing, the W-51 being
thinner, thus reducing the load the tower could handle?? Seeing so many of
these being up for sale or in use it might be useful if someone could post a
chart that differentiates the important differences between the two,
including whether the base mount dimensions also differ. This would be a
useful tool when looking a load capability.

Don W7WLL