[TowerTalk] Wind Ratings

JVarney jvarn359 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 14:37:17 EDT 2017

I believe the TIA-222-G results are more
accurate than what can be achieved with CFD
modeling alone. As I understand it, the
TIA numbers are based on a combination of
empirical data from the field and modeling.
The only way to make the empirical equations
work in 222-G is to follow their cookbook
procedure verbatim.

The standard prohibits the use of DIY
models for towers. The one exception is for
"appurtenances" such as cell panels and
microwave dishes, for which the results of
CFD or wind tunnel measurements may
be used.

73 Jim K6OK