[TowerTalk] Hygain LP-1010

kc4pe kc4pe at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 14 15:20:26 EDT 2017

Hey Guys ..I'll jump in ...I needed a good spotting antenna on that
would cover 10 through 17 meters ... no traps, solid construction,etc...
I ran the figures on different logs and was disappointed with what I
saw. I went with a design close to the Tennadyne T12. Now, I'm lucky to
have a test/you build it 70 foot tower with a up down trolley.As I was
building and testing I noted that height above ground made a
considerable differential, but the computer would not verify what I was
seeing. Once I established the construction, I trammed it on a 145 foot
tower...and after numerous pull ups and downs, the log antenna said it
wanted to be at 107 feet...so up it went on a 45G ..leveled at 107
...Now I'll tell you .. it works and works well, within a S unit of 6
elements at 145 on 20...closer to a 4 element Quad at 76 feet...Also I
need help on 17, so I built a W2PV with three elements...at 70 feet the
log smiled at it....

Don't ask me how or why...but to answer the question, if I really wanted
a log, I would get a T-12 at 100 to 110.

And one day if Mom said...Hey Only 1 tower...it would be a T-12 type on
a up/down trolly on a freestanding 55G.

73 ..

Bill ... KC4PE