[TowerTalk] Antenna & Tower Wind Load Ratings

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Jun 16 00:56:01 EDT 2017

Just write a formula for the wind speed Vs height, which is more or less
linear with exceptions with heavy woods and close by buildings. Do the
same with crank-ups where ea section is a constant size, but different
from the others   You can do sections and add the results . Formulas can
be combined as well.
I "used to be" good at deriving formulas, but made mistakes (usually
dumb mistakes) with the numbers.

In grad school, (Computer Science) we had to write algorithms, then
convert them to a mathematical formula.
This is "similar" to antennas and towers.  That similar is important,
meaning it's almost the same, but different.

Over engineer is usually the safe way<:-) That's why I like the flat
plate area for antennas.

73, Roger (K8RI)