[TowerTalk] Antenna & Tower Wind Load Ratings

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Jun 17 11:37:32 EDT 2017

I had a Telrex 6el 20m beam and a HyGain 204 that made an annoying rattle in
the wind.  The HyGain also shed element tips. I have never tried rope in the
elements, one thing that I dislike about it is it requires end caps which
can trap water. Later I built Homebrew beams with the ARRL 120MPH element
taper schedule and the noise and breakage ceased.

John KK9A