[TowerTalk] Antenna & Tower Wind Loading

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Sun Jun 18 19:28:37 EDT 2017

I think I started this, incredible.  Great discussion I’ve mostly followed.
I have no dog in the fight, since my 40 foot 25G is more than half sheltered by the chimney to which it’s bracketed and the  used Thunderbird on it is only a couple feet above the top.  The mast is 2” EMT, believe it or not.
No permit and, most important, I don’t give a hoot if it falls and damages some weeds!  There’s something to be said for simple!
To the point:  What’s the point of comparing two sets of spec’s?  If you meet the one you have to meet, what else matters?
And the manufacturers:  Why should they care about the installation?  They can spec antenna behavior vs wind speed, direction, and ice thickness.  The user can take it from there, can’t he?
WL