[TowerTalk] HyGain 155CA dampening rope

jcjacobsen at q.com jcjacobsen at q.com
Thu Jun 22 10:25:43 EDT 2017

I have to jump in here.:

<SNIP>

1) Many of the screw clamps do NOT tighten enough to keep the element pieces from slipping. I used to test the clamps but tightening as much as possible (without stripping the clamp) and then trying to pull out the thinnest element piece ? I succeeded ~ 50% of the time.

<Un-snip> (ok, it's corny)

Over time and much building I've come to the conclusion that if you use too much of your favorite anti-ox stuff on the tubing joints, you will NEVER be able to tighten the hose clamp enough to keep the joint from slipping. You WILL strip the hose clamp. I've settled on using a kitchen abrasive cleaning pad (Scotch-brite) to apply the anti-ox. It cleans the joint and leaves just enough anti-ox to protect. Of course, YMMV.

73 es GDDX
K9WN Jake