[TowerTalk] Fwd: Interesting Site

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Sun Jun 25 17:32:26 EDT 2017

This topic has been discussed too may times and there seems to be nobody with a definite answer. I have dissipators on my own tower. They are rather easy to make. I haven't gotten any lightning strikes in them during the few years the tower been up. That doesn't mean they are effective. I have notice that I have had no strikes on my house, something that happened on a relatively regular basis, since the tower went up. I think the tower itself was the contributing factor to that, though.

I had a 0-0, stranded aluminum cable at hand when I raised the tower and decided to put three, one on each leg, of them up. You can  view they on my facebook page. Does it work? Honestly, I have no idea. I do think that you can build these dissipators yourself for a much lower price than what they are offered at.

With 73 de,

Hans - N2JFS/SM6BXX