[TowerTalk] Lightening

Clif Keely c_keely at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 12:23:00 EDT 2017

Reading through some of the comments here recently have me trying to recall some of the comments I have read over the years.  I seem to recall several that spoke to using 2 or 3 ground rods on a tower which might not be a bad idea.  I should think one of the reasons would be to keep the discharge energy from making steam within the concrete base and that explosive burst of steam, producing a lot of cracking within the block and with that reducing it's ability as a solid base.  I have no research to support this but offer it only as a thought.  For myself if I hear thunder I disconnect antenna and power cables. After that I keep my fingers crossed as I think lightning will do what ever it bloody well wishes.