[TowerTalk] Steel Alloy for parts for AB-105 Tower

Richard Smith n6kt1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 26 14:25:16 EDT 2017

Hello,

I just signed up to TowerTalk a couple of weeks ago, and already have received good answers to two of my questions. Thanks very much to all!
New question:
For a new installation of AB-105 tower, I need more Steps (G-10A) and Guy Plates (G-46 and G-47). Unless someone knows of a source for these parts, I plan to have some made.
I'm assuming that some readily-available standard structural steel would work fine, maybe A36?  Does this seem about right?
I have located a company for galvanizing, so I'm now looking into getting the parts made.
Thanks and 73,
Rich, N6KT