[TowerTalk] waterproofing big #31 clamp-on choke

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jun 29 13:50:33 EDT 2017

Hi Dave,

Since I first published this work around 2007, I've yet to receive word
of problems from moisture, except a single report of cracking from
freeze/thaw with multiple cores. That's only one report in 9 years. For
a permanent installation, I strongly recommend a stack of toroids rather
than a clamp-on. Also, for low to medium power (up to about 500W),
consider one of the bifilar chokes.

73, Jim K9YC