[TowerTalk] waterproofing big #31 clamp-on choke

N2TK, Tony tony.kaz at verizon.net
Fri Jun 30 19:09:08 EDT 2017

Last winter I had a couple FT-240 Fair-Rite #31 cores on my receive antennas
break. They were on the ground here in upstate NY.
I assembled four 3/4 wave phase lines for my 80M 4-sq using the largest
clamp-on cores #31 with 8 turns of RG-6  through each based on
recommendations in K9YC's info. I am getting concerned about protecting the
cores from the weather.

73,
N2TK, Tony