[TowerTalk] March QST cover

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Mar 1 04:38:58 EST 2017

People who say "Much ado about nothing" miss the entire point which is a
cover photo displaying unsafe practices.
To the Contrary: It is much ado about something important.  The sad part
is those who are incapable of seeing that.

I's nice that safety precautions were taken when the photograph was
taken. Although that is certainly important, the real import is the
impact of what the photo presents and how it is presented as a cover photo.

To call this much ado about nothing does a great disservice to safety in
tower work. The proper presentation to the unitiated, (public and most
hams), is paramount.

Yes, for most, the photo has more impact than the article except to
those who already know safe practices.

I've written articles and done photography for various topics, covering
the range from Stroke Recovery, to amateur
radio, aviation,  road rallies, and body building, so I am familiar with
getting a message across via images and the written word. I'm also
familiar with both conveying things that were not intended. Sometimes
the unintended outweigh the intended.

With a diverse audience the range of interpretation can cover a wide area.

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 2/28/2017 7:02 AM, Mike Ryan wrote:
> As I said, much ado about nothing. This whole thing was so staged for a magazine. What photographer is going up a tower to take such a pic?..none..he is THREE feet of the ground as well.  Let it go....  - M
<Lotta snipping for bandwidth>

---