[TowerTalk] 40-10 meter wire antenna

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Mar 11 17:20:52 EST 2017

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2017-01/msg00518.html

Re: [TowerTalk] 40-10 meter wire antenna
from [Dick NY1E]	[Permanent Link][Original]
To:	"towertalk at contesting.com" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] 40-10 meter wire antenna
From:	Dick NY1E <dick at ny1e.com>
Reply-to:	Dick NY1E <dick at ny1e.com>

Well, I converted to ladder line, I'm running 10 ft of RG8 Buryflex to a DX
Engineering Balun feeding 43 ft of 450 ohm ladder line to my 40M dipole. 20
meters is about the same on either this or the coax fed 20M dipole but 40
meters has an infinite SWR. the Yaseu FT1200 tuner won't tune it but the MFJ

998 will but sigs are as weak as on my 20M dipole!  15 & 10 seem fine but
not
much to compare to.. Whats up with 40??Dick NY1E