[TowerTalk] Wire antenna help needed

RCM robrk at nidhog.net
Wed Mar 22 16:05:03 EDT 2017

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 13:49, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists at subich.com> wrote:
>

> I would not recommend the Carolina Windom as I had one literally fall
> apart due to UV degradation of the PVC DMU (feedpoint) housing here in
> Florida.

To say a Carolina Windom is no good because yours fell down, is saying Ford cars are no good because I had a flat tire.

I think the term “Carolina Windom” was given as a cute name in some magazine article, describing someones version of an off center fed dipole.

Made from junk, they fall down.

I have never tried one, so I can’t comment on performance.

You can make a bad antenna (performing)  from good components.