[TowerTalk] Gen Pole 10ft x 2in OD mast pipe

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 24 23:29:07 EDT 2017

Yes, 0.25" wall is the Rohn supplied pole,  and longer than 10' if you
are putting up a tower with 10' sections.  "cheating" on a gin pole may
be very hazardous to your survival!  (as it was in a youtube video when
one failed during antenna placement on a big commercial tower)

"hard to find" makes no sense to me since many metal service centers
stock 2" 6061-T6 tube in various wall thickness.

You don't mention what gin pole bracket you are using and if it is the
Rohn 2545 then you must use 2.00" od tube to mate with its clamp.

 From qrz.com you aren't far from Houston, try EMJ - Earle M Jorgensen
or other local metal service centers.  emjmetals.com

Grant KZ1W