[TowerTalk] full sized 160m vertical with K8UR 80m 4-square using bent dipoles

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Sat Mar 25 18:43:09 EDT 2017

As featured in ON4UN’s book ed.5 section 7.2.

Looking for comments on this configuration.  Especially if you have actually built it or modeled it.  Pros and cons welcome.

I’m considering it because the area around where I can put down a vertical on 160 has enough trees and brush that getting a proper and symetrical ground field for a vertical-based 80m 4-square would require a bulldozer.  Considering the 160m vertical alone, I can work around those obstacles with some manual work and sew radials for the 160m field that will be adequate to the task - more or less.  But the idea of the vertical bent dipole is handy in that it provides great independence from the quality of ground screen.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie