[TowerTalk] Interaction potential Hex and 40 m dipole

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Tue May 2 12:37:50 EDT 2017

From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign at ssvecnet.com>
To: "Guy Olinger" <k2av at contesting.com>, "Mpridesti"
<mpridesti at yahoo.com>, <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction potential Hex and 40 m dipole

< Optibeam's OB4-40, which I have (sold the M2) has both proper
distance to the loading element (in their case a coil) as well as a stub. It
shows no impact on 15 or at least small enough that I've not been able to
measure a degradation on the FB on 15.

I'd say you'd have a 100% chance SOMETHING is going to be impacted on a 5
band hex beam. The amount will vary.... for most they happily move along
knowing they have the antennas...

Gary
K9RX

## Ok, so where does the Optibeam OB4-40 resonate ?   It has to
resonate somewhere.  The f12 N series resonates around 24 mhz...
and of course will screw up a 12m yagi.

Jim  VE7RF